Principle Of Operation:
GEA Nu-Con's "Y" Type Tube Selector Valves are flow diversion valves that employ an axially mounted plate to control the flow of pneumatically transported materials. Flow may be diverted to one of two tubes, which intersect at an angle of 22.5 degrees. By using a number of valves in a series, a complete multi-point discharge system can be built up. As well as being employed to divert one stream to anyone of two destinations, they can be reversed to converge two different stream sources to one common destination. Each valve has a precision-engineered internal bore to keep the transit velocity constant, maintaining minimum pressure drop across the valve.
- Available in cast iron or stainless steel.
- Materials such as nichrome can be provided for special applications.
- Various valve plate edging materials are available including natural white rubber, white nitrile rubber and black neoprene.
- Manual or pneumatically operated options available.
- Valves may be mounted in any position.
- Air-actuated types require a plant air supply of 500-700 kPa.
- De-mountable options available allowing fast, thorough in-place cleaning and product changeover.
- USDA accepted models available.